Monday, March 25, 2013
its a passing phase
I have to make the most out of the obsessed times because they are usually short lived and often followed by stretches of lazy lostness. Yes, I make one fabulous housewife.
At any rate, I've been more productive than usual. I am referring to my in-person-life here because my blogging alter ego has been pretty much worthless lately. In so doing, I have also developed an abnormally large sense of self confidence, which I figure will either translate to shit getting done or a whole lot of writing material. I call it a win-win either way.
I have heard that in order to be really truly accountable you have to tell people what your goals are. If you don't share them, then you never really need to admit you failed. I usually have no problem castigating myself over my own failures, but what the heck, lets make a list here and see how I do with the public thing:
I have birthdays, summer, and in-law visits on my horizon ... I gotta get crap done ...
(in no particular order)
1. Clean ceiling fans, because I rarely have them off and notice how dirty they are
2. Organize the growing box pathetically labeled "pictures and keepsakes"
3. Finish the 11 year old's baby book *hangs head in shame*
4. Clean house thoroughly closer to visits, not halfsies clean
5. Finish the "measure the kids" ruler thingy that has been half-done for like a year and a half
6. Clean out Meatball's closet
7. Clean out the Bean's closet
8. Clean out toys ... purge the hell outta toys ...
9. Make a Goodwill and/or consignment shop run to ditch some crap
10. Make my kitchen cabinets look less blah
11. Make my/our bedroom not be the one with the door always closed in shame
12. Do something with the bathroom walls, b-o-r-i-n-g!
13. What are we doing for the Beans' birthday?
14. Hair cut, its pathetic and been like a year since I did that
15. Garage -- make the parts that are my problem look less like a bomb test site
16. Garage -- urge and support Paul Bunyan to deal with the rest of the garage
17. The backyard will only be a livable space for a couple months, make it look nice for them
18. Make my Command Center wall so I can at least appear organized!
19. Shave the dog. Yes, I said that.
20. Come up with an item # 20 because you can't have a list of 19 things!!!
There, that is a start. I have no real hope of accomplishing all of that in the ridiculously short time frame I am giving myself ... which is like 2 weeks ... but let's see what we can do, eh?
Insanity will commence in 5, 4, 3, 2 ... aren't you glad you don't live here? ... and 1 ...