Friday, December 13, 2013

Apple Butter, Part III and done!

Well it is that time of year, you know the one where I find myself grumbling "how does the rest of the world not find 'Baby, Its Cold Outside' creepy as hell?!" while avoiding public in general.

Also known as the Christmas season.  Humbug.

But I wanted to wrap up those apple butter gifts I started a while back for the Meatball's teachers, so I did my best to be both crafty and festive.  A girl can pretend!

I had to get some smaller jars, mine were 16 to 24 oz and I really didn't want to give each teacher that much, so I got 8 oz jars and set the bigger ones in the sink to thaw.


I was impatient, shocker, and added some warm water to the sink which made the bottom pop off of one of my big jars.  That sucked.


The Beans happily stood on a chair next to me the whole time, spoon in hand, reminding me that I could "put it in the Beansies bowl!" because he adores the crud out of apple butter now.  He was quite horrified by my telling him we were *gasp* giving it all away.


I made little cards on the computer.  I found the chalkboard tags here, and just used Microsoft Word to insert some Word Art in white and made labels for it.


Cut those out, without losing a finger.  Yay me!


Made them little hemp thread loops on top.


Tied them on to the final product after Meatball wrote names on the backs.

Poof, done.


Too bad the rest of my Christmas shopping is going to be no where near this easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment