Thursday, June 28, 2012

of course this would happen to ME

So I haven't posted in a while, and it isn't because I am as good at blogging as I am at domesticity.

Quite the contrary, I have physical evidence that can affirm I am truly not a natural at anything domestic now, lack of blogginess was simply a nasty side effect.

Whilst trying to make something I saw on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (one of my all time fave shows!) I needed to use a food processor.  I have used it a million times before ... but this time ... well ... I had a itty bitty accident.

By itty bitty accident I of course mean that I nearly took off a substantial section of my finger.

Now before you shake your head and think "my gawd, she is even dumber than I thought!" and presume that I was sticking my hand into a food processor while it was running let me disabuse you of this foolish notion.  No no, I do not need a blade to be moving in order for it to maim me.  No, I have an amazing sort of Clutz Stigmata that makes it so I merely need to look at a dull knife, or be near to a sharpish surface and I spontaneously burst open and bleed from various places.

In this case, it was my left index finger.

Works for Mommy, not for Meatball
And I learned two very important things in the process.  First, I use my left index finger about as frequently as I inhale.  Seriously, oh my gowrsh!  Secondly, I learned that the Meatball is an amazing person, and skilled at a great many things -- but in the event of an emergency he is not the person you want near you.  I discovered this while calmly trying to staunch the flow of my life force from my dumbass finger while he firmly , and in a very high pitched voice informed me,

Mom you simply must be in shock!  No one is this calm while bleeding this much! Give me the phone, I must call the proper authorities!

Um, yeah, I did not give him the phone.

Anyhoo, I am going to spare you the pictures of my mangled pointer, but I will tell you that this is why I have been lagging substantially on the posting.  It is uber hard to type with nine fingers, man!

So that is my excuse, and I am sticking to it!  I have quite a few projects to post about, including my chore sticks (which are working out awesome!!!), making of Pumpkin Juice ala Harry Potter, and some other clever stuffs.  Not all of it is a failure, and boy-oh-boy Dr. Rocket sure needs some boosts to her self esteem after fighting a food processor!

No comments:

Post a Comment