Being the geek I am I googled Liebster because I had no idea where the name of the award came from. It means "favorite" in German. I feel smarter.
I also feel a bit stunned that there is anyone reading this blog, never mind wanting to give me a "chain-maily blogger award" ... *sniff* Well, I am not exactly hard to please, but seriously I am stoked.
So my metaphorical-mind-twin over at Abandon Pretenses named me as one of her picks for the Liebster Award. She went ahead and turned the requisite "11 things" into "5 things" and while I would have happily read 6 more things on hers I am grateful that she suggested her nominees only do five too. To my nominees, I leave it up to you. Traditionalists, go for eleven of everything. Lazy rebels, go with five.
Rules, such as they are:
1. Each nominee must post 11 things (or 5) about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 (or 5) questions that the person who gave you the award asked.
3. Create 11 (or 5) questions for the people you are giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 (or 5) people to send the award to. Link and notify them.
5. No tag backs.
Here we go, five random things about me:
1. I am petrified of birds. No joke.
2. I cannot stand anything coconut flavored, but I sniff coconut scented sunblock like a junkie snorting a line.
3. I haven't been to a dentist in 6 years, never had a cavity before hoping my luck sticks.
4. I knew immediately when I met Paul Bunyan that I would marry him -- and I was NOT one of those sappy love at first sight believers back then.
5. I love to compulsively purchase organizing type things (boxes, folders, etc) with no real plan of how I will use them. Just the knowledge that I need organization in my life and the hope that this random item will give me that.
My questions to my nominees: (traditionalists do them all, lazy rebels do the first five)
1. What is your greatest pet peeve?
2. If you had a magic wand what is the first thing you would do with it?
3. What made you start blogging?
4. If you could have 5 minutes with any living person on the planet, who would you pick and what would you say or do?
5. Who do you think has influenced you most and why/how?
6. What is your preferred beverage (alcoholic and/or nonalcoholic)
7. If you could only wear one color from now on, what would it be and why?
8. What is your earliest memory?
9. What do you want to be known or remembered for?
10. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
11. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
So here are the questions Kristen Mae asked:
1. What is your proudest moment?
Sheesh, you assume I am proud of something? Ha, no seriously, I would say my proudest moment ... I guess it would be receiving my bachelors. I did it in four years, magna cum laude, and having become a single mother in only my second semester in to college. It was hard, but dang worth it.
2. What is a moment you wish you could do over?
Don't know that I would if I could. Most of the ones I think of would alter my life in some way, its best I don't.
Oh except that time where I slipped on nothing slammed my chin into the ground and wound up with this enormous goose egg on my face for like 47 months. Okay it wasn't that long, but it sucked. And there was like 30 witness to my grace.
3. Do you have any tattoos? Why or why not? Describe.
Not yet, I have like 40 planned ones though, does that count? When I was younger and had money for things like that I was indecisive. Now that I am decisive, I have no money. Ain't that ironic.
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
A house on the beach. Well not necessarily ON the beach, but close enough I could hear and smell it. The ocean soothes me in ways nothing else can. It is a cruel twist of fate I live in a land-locked state.
5. What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?
Other than having children?!?!
I did narrowly avoid a terrorist bombing once. Only I was so drunk I had no idea until the next day. I'm so smooth.
And my nominees ... the Liebster Award is supposed to go to people with fewer than 200 followers. All of these people are just plain awesome and should have well over the 200 but don't yet.