So immediately following the making of my Ghetto All Purpose Cleaner I started butchering a roll of paper towels to make wipes because it appeals greatly to my inner lazy biotch to just have that around.
But let us start at the beginning.
I am a teaching supply hoarder. Whether it is Sharpies or random containers that I insist on keeping while my husband rolls his eyes and tells me I am nuts, I just cannot help myself. It is a compulsion. One that behooves us more than my husband will EVER admit.
Point is, every time he goes through the garage and asks me "can I please throw this out now?!" I find a use for something that saves us money.
So the cylindrical cleaning wipes containers I insisted on keeping because YOU NEVER KNOW wound up being not only insanely useful but also part of saving us money! Take that Bunyan!
I had my Ghetto All Purpose Cleaner ready to go, so I just needed the container and the "wipes."
This is where it gets messy.
First off, I had a roll of paper towels that are select a size, and I really thought I would like that. I was wrong. I may be getting ahead of myself here in reviewing my "product" before I tell ya how to make it, but in case you don't read the whole thing and try to walk in my footsteps (are you mad?) let me tell you now -- your wipes will be tiny! Do not use the select a size towels if you use a dispenser like I am unless you want tiny wipes. How tiny you ask? Let me show you:
So I would prefer, and will do this next time because it is the only complaint I have at present, to use the full sized towels.
Reason being, step one with the paper towels is to cut them in half. The whole damn roll. Have you ever tried to cut a roll of paper towels in half?
It is a messy process.
I couldn't fit a whole roll of paper towels in the containers because they are just a bit too narrow, so I had to set some aside. I did have the sense to do that before I cut the roll in half at least.
After sawing the roll in half and making your work space look like a blizzard hit, you have to wiggle the cardboard roll out of the center. This is a lot easier than I figured it would be. Then squeeze the roll into the container and pour the fluid mixture on it.
Seriously, that simple.
Now I had to clean the front bathroom, the one the boys all use. I did not take a before picture, frankly who wants to see that? But the after picture? Seriously, my toilet was sparkling like a moody vampire on a sunny day!
Did you "ooooo" and "aaaaaa" because you should.
Again, like I said in the last post about making the cleaner, it was not like I was scrubbing obsessively. It was no more work than a usual cleaner. I did have to wipe the space dry, so I had one hand with a wet wipe and one with a dry one. I also can't do a cost break down because again I had to purchase none of this that day, but I am sure it comes out exceptionally cheap when you really figure it out.
Feeling pretty in control of things I set my sites on a bigger battle because something else was running low and I would need to buy more soon ... laundry detergent ... oh yeah. Stay tuned.
I am on a roll here, maybe I should change the blog up to be about practical cleaning tips ... something like ...