But I decided to to my own boy list, one with some dignity and humor. It got longer than I meant for it to, so we are now up to twenty. Some of them, I admit, are taken from some of these lists I found pinned (like #4, totally true but makes me laugh to read it every time). But the vast majority of them are mine.
20 Things I Want My Sons To Know
1. Some chicks dig scars, some tattoos, all women appreciate a man in a well fitting suit and tie.
2. Spitting in publicly gross. Even in sports, don't do it unless you must.
4. Dutch ovens are never funny. EVER.
|Not this kind|
6. No woman is worth your dignity, except The One, and she'll never want you to compromise your dignity.
7. Just because you're male and society tolerates certain things by virtue of being male doesn't mean you should be impulsive. Your first, and any number of times after, should only happen when you're ready and when it matters.
8. Wear protection, always. From riding your bike on forward, if protective devices are made for the activity in question use them. Helmets can save your life, and "helmets" can prevent life from being created. Wear them.
9. Respect the work others do.
10. I will always think you're awesome but you'll have to prove it to the rest of the world.
|Trust me, it looks stupid|
11. Demeaning others is never funny.
12. Don't just dream, do. The only things beyond your reach are things you're not brave enough, devoted enough or strong enough to chase.
13. There is no such thing as "woman's work." Men who think there is are either lonely or in relationships with weak women.
14. Never wear pants that require you to walk like a pregnant woman to keep them from falling down. You shouldn't wear women's pants either unless you plan to go full throttle and live as one.
15. Be courteous to everyone, not just pretty women or people you hope can help you.
|Rock on, baby!|
16. If you ever call a woman a word that starts with B and rhymes with "witch" just know that she should lose all respect for you.
17. Being a "mama's boy" as an adult is not a good thing. I love you, I will always want to be part of your life and will be there for uou, but once you're married your wife becomes your immediate family along with any children you have. Dad and I become your extended family. Be the independent man I have raised.
18. Reading is always awesome, keep doing it.
19. Say how you feel, I know sometimes it is hard or awkward, but always worth it.
20. Your imagination just might save the world someday, I believe it.